We have a fantastic team of volunteers who help to run our shop and make lots of other activities possible – everything from gardening to guided tours!
If you’d like to join the team, our current opportunities are listed below. Please complete the enquiry form and we’ll get back to you.
Current volunteering opportunites
Share Shop Assistant
Can you spare a few hours a week to help out at your community shop?
Do you like meeting new people, finding out about them and helping them?
Would you like to learn skills like sewing, arts and crafts, social media, gardening and DIY?
Want help with your CV, applications or even starting your own business?
Want to build your confidence and make new friends?
We are looking for volunteers to join our friendly team at the Share Shop. These are currently unpaid roles, but we will pay for any costs such as food while you’re working and the cost of traveling to the shop.
You will also get:
- Access to tools, materials and equipment from the shop including cameras, tablet, laptops and printers
- Training as needed, in social media, project planning, customer service, IT or related skills
- Free membership of the tool library shareshack.myturn.com
- Help with CVs, applications and references
What will you be doing?
You will be working in the Share Shop, helping customers to book, borrow and return items, meeting and greeting, explaining how things work and finding out about what our customers need.
Experience and skills
You don’t need to have done anything like this before. We will train, help and support you.
This role would suit you if:
- You enjoy working directly with customers and finding out about what they need
- You are friendly and welcoming (we can help you with building confidence if you’re a bit shy at first!)
- You can use technology like laptops, cameras and spreadsheets, or you’d like to learn how to (full training will be given)
- You like to learn about how things work, and you’re happy to explain things to customers.
What we need from you
You will need to join the training and induction sessions before you start. You can choose which hours you are available to work and how often. When you’ve agreed to those hours we would expect you to commit to being here, or to give us time to make other arrangements to cover you.
You need to support our aims of making sure everyone in our community is safe, listened to, included and supported. You need be ready to work with anyone and everyone, and treat everyone with respect, understanding and kindness.